Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thus far...

This is Meddy and I working along with a bunch of people to redo the futbol pitch. Chris' great idea! The boys in the village love it to death! So much flippin futbol! meddy is a huge jokester and so much fun!
Here are a few pictures I could load after 2 hours ! hee hee I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them with the little goobers.
School begins on Monday! Our days of waking slowly, yoga, jump roping and running, studying Lugandan, then playing games upon games with the boys are up. Monday begins class at 8 am. Believe it or not, school goes till 5pm. eee. Tell me about it.
So far many songs have been sung, many mosquito bites gotten, and much love has been given. Both Chris and I are well and full of joy and love. God is blessing us each day with the amount of love we receive from the boys. He is providing greatly with the sponsors from the US and the way in which he is healing everyone. Musisi remains the only boys still sick after the malaria pounce. We will be bringing him into a clinic soon. Please keep him in your prayers. His mother is dying of AIDS and it is unknown whether she contracted it before or after his birth. Let us hope and pray constantly that he does not also have it. When even the chance that he may have it was said, my heart dropped and sank into my stomach. He is a sweet and joyful kid that I have grown very close to. Anyhoo, lets just keep praying God's will be done.
A side note on being white. Everyone wants to be your friend. Let me just say, I have never been opposed to friendship more than I am now. Seriously, many people come by daily or drop off letters asking for money and telling us how great of friends we need to be. It is strange. Friendship because of what they think we have to offer them...a little manipulative aye? Eee please pray we have the discernment on this one. Never had to judge people immediately and really don't like doing it to be honest.
Guys be sure to check out http://dorcaschildrenshome.blogspot.com
There are more pictures and more stories I have not written here. I think you may like it a bit :)
Thank you for your prayers and support! I miss and love you all oh so much!
ps. if you want to send twizzlers, you can.
pss. we will eat them and share them with the kids...maybe...hee hee we will we will.

2 comments:

J. B. said...

Ohhhhh Kami!!! I reallyreallyreallyreally want to jump on a plane and come be with you! But my sister keeps saying something about infectious disease...bone marrow transplant...lalalalala. I still want to come anyways though. It sounds beautiful and wonderful like I can't believe. I am soooo glad you are there. It makes my heart happy. I looooove you!

Sarah Megan said...

Oh Kami Anne, it sounds like the perfect place for you. Except the whole being white thing making friends harder crap, that is NOT you...but totally understood.

I think you need to put your address up on here...